The position provides technical and professional company representation at various customer locations. The position is responsible for installations, checkout, operation, On-the-job cross training, and/or maintenance of contractually obligated communications systems. The position strives to guarantee customer satisfaction through ethical and qualitative on the job performance with the primary goal to effectively support the tasking and minimize downtime. Assignments vary in scope from flight test programs, demonstrations, worldwide mission support to include deployments.
* Install, perform checks, operate, repair and maintain assigned equipment at customer installation(s).
* Conduct mechanical and electronic preventive maintenance to predict problems and correct anomalies prior to catastrophic downtime.
* Develop, construct, implement or modify a test plan to isolate anomalies to keep the equipment downtime to a minimum.
* Interpret and follow moderately complex sketches, schematics, drawings, charts, graphs, blue prints, block and wiring diagrams of assigned equipment.
* Maintain logs, charts and graphs for analysis, evaluation and trend detection.
* Prepare engineering documentation and assist in developing more complex engineering documentation.
* Modify assigned equipment with authorized upgrades, and perform temporary modifications to extend continued operation until maintenance can be performed.
* Participate in field installations, upgrades, demonstrations and deployments.
* Maintain close and professional liaison with customer personnel to provide information, advice and services as required.
* Act as a liaison with the customer through effective and professional written and or verbal communication to positively represent the company.
* This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education, training, and/or work experience with a specialized knowledge of electronics and mechanics, and a demonstrated ability to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, wire lists, and prints.
* Typically requires two plus (2 ) years related work experience and an understanding of computers, networking, custom digital, RF, AC & DC power satellite operation and maintenance, feedback control and/or tracking disciplines.
* This position may require the ability to work independently over extended periods at isolated and/or hostile locations.
* Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs and have color vision to identify cables and wires.
* Due to the nature of our work this position requires a CURRENT Department of Defense Secret or higher security clearance.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education, and experience.
L-3 Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
About L-3 Communications
Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) is an integrated enterprise consisting of businesses that cover the entire defense spectrum, from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace. The Company is aligned into seven segments categorized into four primary businesses. The Mission Systems, Information Technology, and Technical Services segments are presented as Information and Services. The Integrated Systems and Space Technology segments are presented as Aerospace. The Electronics and Ships segments are each presented as separate businesses. In January 2008, the Newport News and Ship Systems businesses were realigned into a single operating segment called Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. In April 2008, the Company announced that it has completed the sale of its Electro-Optical Systems business to L-3 Communications. In October 2008, the Company acquired 3001 International, Inc. (3001).