This position in the field of Electrical Design and Systems Integration will design and develop electrical systems for the integration of electronic equipment on military/commercial aircraft and ground stations. The design includes creating system wiring diagrams, circuit breaker panels, control panels and other items using CAD tools. The engineer will be responsible for research, development of systems integration, preparation of engineering drawings, and coordination of design activities with Systems Engineering, Manufacturing, and Production to ensure that designs meet requirements at minimum cost. Designs will be accomplished under the mentorship of senior-level design engineers. Additional responsibilities include development of power distribution, electrical load analysis, and load shedding scheme along with the opportunity to support testing and integration of systems on the aircraft. Electrical design engineers have the opportunity to work on numerous system designs on a variety of aircraft.
* Master of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or appropriate engineering discipline
* 0-2 years of applicable experience with a Masters degree or 2-4 years of applicable experience with a Bachelors degree
* Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Must be able to walk to and from the flight line, work in aircraft hangar environment, and board/exit aircraft
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Understanding of basic aircraft systems
* Willing to travel or relocate, if necessary
* CAD skills are highly desired
* Co-Op/Intern or exempt-level experience in electrical design
* Systems integration experience is desired
* Knowledge of power and power distribution is highly desired
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance which requires US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
About L-3 Communications
Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) is an integrated enterprise consisting of businesses that cover the entire defense spectrum, from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace. The Company is aligned into seven segments categorized into four primary businesses. The Mission Systems, Information Technology, and Technical Services segments are presented as Information and Services. The Integrated Systems and Space Technology segments are presented as Aerospace. The Electronics and Ships segments are each presented as separate businesses. In January 2008, the Newport News and Ship Systems businesses were realigned into a single operating segment called Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. In April 2008, the Company announced that it has completed the sale of its Electro-Optical Systems business to L-3 Communications. In October 2008, the Company acquired 3001 International, Inc. (3001).