Aviation Communication & Surveillance Systems (ACSS), an L-3 Communications and Thales Company, is a leader in safety avionics systems that increase safety, situational awareness and efficiency for aircraft operators in all phases of flight. ACSS products are operating in commercial, corporate and military aircraft. ACSS is a division of L-3 Aviation Products (L-3 AP). L-3 AP is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L-3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that sets the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L-3 AP also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems.ACSS Hardware Engineering is seeking an entry level RF Electrical Engineer.
The individual's primary responsibility will be: Requirements Definition, Detailed Design, Analysis, Debug, and Test of Radio Frequency (L-Band), and Analog Circuits for airborne avionics products. This includes the following:
* Participation on a Product Development Team
* Detailed circuit design of RF Transmitters & Receivers including: D/A and A/D circuits, RF Filters, RF Amplifiers, RF Switches, RF Protection circuitry and RF BITE (Built In Test)
* Environmental testing including Temperature, RF Emissions, RF Susceptibility, and Lightning
* Oversight of the RF & Analog PCB Design & Mechanical Enclosure Design
* Integration of RF & Analog circuits with the Digital & Power circuits
* Develop and verify simulation models using Microwave Office, Matlab/Simulink, PSPICE, HFSS and other simulation tools
* Perform Signal Integrity Analysis pre-layout to develop requirements and post layout to verify performance
* Interface with Factory and Suppliers for DFM/DFT design considerations
* Lead Root Cause Failure Investigations and Drive closure on corrective actions when related to RF design
* Participation on RF Technology Team including RF Miniaturization, cost reduction, and Antenna Technology Development
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
* 1 or more years RF and analog design experience (internships included)
* Working knowledge of digital RF communication fundamentals.
* Ability to work in a teaming environment and possess good interpersonal and communications skills
* Self motivated to identify performance issues and provide potential solutions through strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong knowledge of industry and regulatory performance standards for 978MHz through 1215MHz L-Band products, especially at 1030MHz and1090MHz
* Working knowledge and hands on experience with RF transmitters and receivers including hardware testing and applicable lab test equipment
* Experience designing high reliability electronics (aerospace, medical or equivalent)
* MSEE or PhD in Electrical Engineering is preferred
* Strong knowledge of engineering design standards for commercial aviation industry
* Transponder and /or TCAS Design experience
* RF Test Equipment Design experience
* Experience with RF and Analog Simulation Tools
* Experience with Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx
* Antenna Design experience
* RF ASIC or FPGA Design experience
* Power Supply Design experience
* Experience with GPS or Radar
L-3 Communications Corporation is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
About L-3 Communications
Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) is an integrated enterprise consisting of businesses that cover the entire defense spectrum, from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace. The Company is aligned into seven segments categorized into four primary businesses. The Mission Systems, Information Technology, and Technical Services segments are presented as Information and Services. The Integrated Systems and Space Technology segments are presented as Aerospace. The Electronics and Ships segments are each presented as separate businesses. In January 2008, the Newport News and Ship Systems businesses were realigned into a single operating segment called Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. In April 2008, the Company announced that it has completed the sale of its Electro-Optical Systems business to L-3 Communications. In October 2008, the Company acquired 3001 International, Inc. (3001).