Requisition ID: 62429
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We're Different
* Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
* Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies
* Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
* 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
* Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
* We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Entry Level Overhead Transmission Engineer
* Work in a collaborative team environment to understand the scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
* Perform cost-effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
* Assist in the generation of design criteria, reports, design verifications, and clearance tables for PLS-CADD.
* Build and modify pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
* Develop construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
* Develop construction specification packages that include drawings, one line, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
* Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
* Participate in external and internal meetings to support processes.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, civil engineering, or related field
* At least one-two years' experience designing and engineering transmission lines between 69kV and 765kV
* Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole, and PLS-Tower
* Knowledge of MFAD, LPILE, and National Electrical Safety Codes (NESC) requirements as well as NESC, ASCE, IEEE, and RUS design standards
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Clients have been counting on Kiewit since 1884 and we've always delivered. While other contractors have come and gone, we've evolved into one of the largest and most respected construction and mining organizations in North America. We have fundamental goals at Kiewit: build quality projects safely, on time and on budget; no matter how challenging or unique the project, no matter how large or small.