Are you ready for a challenge? Does the thought of contributing to the betterment of U.S. health care excite you? Are you looking for a great workplace to apply your IT skills?
Kaiser Permanente is heavily investing in new capabilities to support Health Plan (HP) claims processing. These capabilities are supported by large, complex multi-year IT projects.
The Kaiser Permanente Information Technology (KP-IT) HP Claims Sub-Portfolio seeks an Associate Applications Developer to help ensure the successful delivery of these IT solutions. You will be joining a high performing, motivated team of business and IT professionals eager to deliver outstanding solutions against aggressive timetables.
You will have shared responsibility for ensuring the successful development, installation and implementation of a highly integrated claims solution (ClaimsConnect) that supports all insurance products in the following geographic areas: Northern CA, Southern CA, CO, HI, OR, WA, OH and Mid-Atlantic States. This solution will receive and adjudicate all referrals, authorizations, hospital and professional claims, as well as all internal encounters. The technological suite must remain in full compliance with all regulations, accreditation and SOX standards related to claims management.
· Develop and maintain software for the ClaimsConnect solution.
· Analyze and review business, functional and high-level technical requirements.
· Support detailed project estimates and project work plans.
· Develop code jointly and independently for intermediate to complex modules, following Kaiser Permanente development standards.
· Plan and participate in code reviews for changes and enhancements that ensure standards compliance and systems interoperability.
· Create test plans for module-level integration and tracking/resolving defects.
· Identify code support issues, action resolutions, and provide technical assistance for moderately complex problems.
· Prepare and package production-ready code modules for staging.
· Effectively communicate with other Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Quality Control, and across other technology team boundaries
· Follow Kaiser's documentation and development standards.
· Follow Kaiser's defined processes, methodologies and procedures
· Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
Join the number one health care company on Computerworld's 2011 List of Best Places to Work in IT. Click or copy and paste this link on your browser to watch the video clip: http://youtu.be/H2leHEsGxHI