• Completion of a two year training program in cardiopulmonary technology or successful completion of a twelve month on the job training program in a licensed catheterization laboratory
• Graduation from an accredited school of radiology technology
• A current BLS, ACLS, and fluoroscopy certifications
• A current CRT license
• Knowledge of contrast media (ionic vs. nonionic)
• Knowledge of coronary artery anatomy and cardiac physiology in relation to invasive cardiac procedures
• Competence with critical thinking, interpersonal, and technical skills
• Technical proficiency and attention to detail in use of collimation and fluoro time
• Excellent verbal, written, and non-verbal communication skills
• Recording, storing, retrieving, and analyzing data obtained during the performance of interventional diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac and radiology procedures
• Monitoring the patient to recognize changes in ECG rhythm and pressure, document and immediately communicates to the corresponding physician
• Functioning as a scrub assistant, ensuring maximum compliance to principles of aseptic technique by self and members of the team
• Completing documentation, reports, and data entry on computerized exams
• Maintaining and evaluating equipment, performing quality control tests, troubleshooting, and performing minor repairs as needed
• Operates and troubleshoots hemodynamic computer systems including transducer balancing
• Responsible for Quality Control on radiology imaging equipment, weekly fluoroscopy check and radiation protection for the medical staff and Physicians
• Flexible work schedule including some holidays and weekends
• Ability to work as a team
If you would like to hear the Kaiser Permanente story as told by our employees, watch the videos on our Careers Home Page, kp.org/jobs/video.
Please follow us on Twitter.com/KPCareers.
For immediate considerations, please e-mail your resume to Erin.S.Langston@kp.org or simply click the "Apply" button. Please visit jobs.kp.org
for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 007540. Principals only. Kaiser Permanente is an EOE/AA Employer.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.