At John Muir Health, we are committed to providing our patients the most skilled and compassionate care possible. We offer a comprehensive array of clinical services at our Magnet-recognized hospitals in Walnut Creek and Concord. Our independent, not-for-profit health system also includes outpatient facilities in Brentwood and Rossmoor, a Behavioral Health Center in Concord, and 27 MuirLab locations. In addition, our patients benefit from the expertise of more than 950 affiliated primary and specialty physicians in the John Muir Physician Network.
We believe in supporting our people and enhancing our patient care through such innovations as:
• Lift Teams that support care givers by moving and transferring patients
• Computerized patient charting to minimize paperwork and enhance patient safety
• Extensive clinical nurse internship programs with Preceptors and Mentors for new grads to help them throughout the orientation and training period, and beyond.
• Specialty training programs and education for ongoing career growthCompany History
In 1997, John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek merged with Mt. Diablo Medical Center in Concord to form the John Muir/Mt. Diablo Health System. The creation of the John Muir/Mt. Diablo Health System ensured that comprehensive, high-quality health care services remained in the community and that important decisions about the community's health care needs continued to be made locally. In 2006, the organization was rebranded to become John Muir Health.Mission & Values
We are dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve with quality and compassion.
Our Mission is achieved through the application of our Core Values:
• Honesty and Integrity
• Mutual Respect and Teamwork
• Caring and Compassion
• Commitment to Patient Safety
• Continuous Improvement
• Stewardship of Resources
• Access to CareHonors & Awards
John Muir Health is committed to providing quality health care for the community. The awards we receive each year reflect these ongoing efforts.
• John Muir Medical Center, Concord and John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek are two of only three California hospitals to have received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines SM (GWTG) program Triple Performance Achievement award.
• U.S. News & World Report ranked John Muir Medical Center, Concord and John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek as two of the nation's top hospitals in its annual list of America's Best Hospitals.
• Our two medical centers have also been recognized as the Best of the Best Family Favorite Hospitals by BayArea Parent readers.
• With one of the Bay Area's largest and most comprehensive orthopedic programs, John Muir Health is recognized for providing the latest technology and innovative treatment options, from minimally invasive techniques for total hip and knee replacement to advanced traumatic reconstruction.
• John Muir Health is a regional leader in diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal disorders. We offer technologically-advanced treatments such as minimally invasive colorectal surgery, liver resections, small and large bowel procedures, stomach, esophageal, pancreatic, duodenal and other digestive system procedures.
• John Muir Medical Center, Concord has joined John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek in achieving the prestigious Magnet designation from the American Nurse Credentialing Center. Ours are the only hospitals in the East Bay area and two of just 21 in the entire state to receive this recognition. This also places our hospitals in the top seven percent of all hospitals in the country.
We understand that when it comes to benefits, one size doesn't fit all. That's why we've designed a flexible and comprehensive employee benefits program with your individual and family needs in mind. This program includes:
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance & Supplemental Life Insurance
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
• Voluntary Benefits (legal, auto, pet and long term care insurance)
• Paid Time Off
• Pension Plan
• Tax-Sheltered Annuity
• Retiree Health Savings Plan
• Career Development Programs
• Health Promotion Benefits
• Credit Union
• Employee Discounts
• Employee Recreation Activities
We offer a highly competitive, market-driven compensation package, which considers the East Bay's cost of living. Salary ranges are constantly reviewed and adjusted to remain competitive. And because we recognize the critical role our employees play in our success, we've created incentive programs so they share in our financial rewards.
Note: Compensation and benefit packages may vary by entity or by collective bargaining agreement.
Rewards & Recognition Programs
Rewards & Recognition Programs
We're proud of the superb patient care our employees provide. We strongly believe in recognizing those who exemplify excellence, and reward them for contributing to our collective success. That's why we have many unique rewards and recognition programs to thank our employees for the outstanding efforts they make every day.
Here are just a few programs currently in place:
Employee of the Month/Employee of the Year
Each month and at year-end, employees nominate and vote for Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year. While these programs vary by campus, there is public recognition and monetary rewards for these special individuals.
Nurse of the Year
Our nursing personnel nominate and vote for Nurse of the year. Again, while this reward program varies by entity, public recognition and monetary rewards are just some of the acknowledgments they receive.
Annual Service Awards for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 Years of Service
We're proud to have a strong, tenured staff at John Muir Health. Each year we hold a formal Annual Service Awards Banquet honoring our employees who reach these important career milestones. Each employee and their guest are treated to a formal dinner and receive their personally selected awards gifts.
Success Sharing Program
At John Muir Health we recognize the significant contribution employees make towards our financial success. As a result, we have a Success-Sharing Program that rewards employees for the performance of John Muir Health. Where the organization performs better than budget for the year, we share those successes after year end close by giving cash to employees.
Nurses Week/Hospital Week Celebration Barbeque
This week is devoted to thanking our hard working nurses and healthcare providers for the incredible contribution they make to our community. Our nurses enjoy special events, speakers and a lunch. Our John Muir Health employees can partake of culinary delights, including a barbeque.
The holidays are a time of festivities and fun. Employees are served an annual holiday breakfast or dinner by the management staff while they listen to the beautiful voices of our own John Muir Health Chorus.
E.S.P. (Employee Suggestion Program)
Employees are encouraged to cash in on their creativity by sharing their ideas for cost savings, increased revenue, improving patient/employee safety or improving quality and efficiency. Employees can win cash awards of up to 15 percent of quantifiable cost savings or increase in revenue, up to $25,000.
Department Recognition Programs
The management team at John Muir Health is encouraged to recognize and reward employees for their achievements every day. Department-sponsored recognition programs are tailored to the nature of the work and speak to the individual culture of each department.
Spontaneous recognition events
We go out of our way to recognize and celebrate our employees' successes, such as high clinical quality scores, wonderful patient satisfaction scores, outstanding TJC accreditation results, and medical center employee birthdays.
At John Muir Health, we are committed to providing our patients the most skilled and compassionate care possible. We offer a comprehensive array of clinical services at our Magnet-recognized hospitals in Walnut Creek and Concord. Our independent, not-for-profit health system also includes outpatient facilities in Brentwood and Rossmoor, a Behavioral Health Center in Concord, and 27 MuirLab locations. In addition, our patients benefit from the expertise of more than 950 affiliated primary and specialty physicians in the John Muir Physician ...
There are no scholarships at this time
There are no events at this time
Company Data on
John Muir Health