Job: Supply Management / Logistics / Transportation
Primary Location: Illinois-East Moline
Organization: Agricultural Equipment
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it's green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it's to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
Through consistent operational excellence in business performance, we help ensure the success of new and existing products. Fully engaged in the present, but with an eye to the future, our innovative team continually implements practices that help redefine the leading edge. This effort includes our Achieving Excellence program, which promotes continuous improvement and strengthens supplier relationships.
What You'll Do
John Deere Harvester Works, located in East Moline, IL is seeking a Project Manager to support the Material Flow organization and drive alignment with Supply Management, Operations and Manufacturing Engineering groups. In this role, you will:
- Drive the focus on:
- Raw/WIP inventory reduction.
- Analyzing, interpreting and documenting Material Flow processes
- Internal/External material movement and storage productivity improvements.
- Material Availability at the Point of Use (MAPOU) improvement.
- Material Storage Location Compliance.
- Lead projects to document and optimize the Material Replenishment Strategy, standardization/improvement and deployment including:
- Alignment with C-Project Workflow for both Current and New Products.
- Containerization Task.
- Material Replenishment Setup Tasks.
- Obsolescence/Disposition Task.
- Alignment with Container, Ordering, and Replenishment Parameter setup/policies.
- Lead projects in support of the Material Movement Strategy, standardization/improvement and deployment (Robust Material Movement project) including:
- Alignment with Factory Master Planning.
- Designing and delivering user training and implementation efforts for process improvement or Material Flow projects.
- Factory dock door capacity/utilization analysis, reallocation, and justification.
- Material handling technology and equipment planning.
- Work as a liaison between the SAP Process Team, IT, functional competency representatives and the other regional business operations.
We need a solid communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in a Business/Operations Management, Manufacturing/Industrial, Engineering/Technology or Logistics/Supply Management discipline or equivalent experience. In addition we require:
- Experience in Project Management including coordination and alignment of resources and execution of projects.
- Ability to work within and between the various disciplines (Supply Management, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations).
- Experience with Material Flow, Production and Inventory Control Systems.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Microsoft Office skills, strong in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in SAP Production Control Systems.
- Ability to be the SAP go to person for Material Flow team.
- Process mapping experience.
A strong candidate will also possess:
- Warehouse management experience.
- Supply Management experience.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and scheduling.
- Familiarity with C-Project Workflow.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Experience in Lean, Quick Response Manufacturing, and Six Sigma.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.