Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
As a Software Engineer you'll play a critical role in delivering market-leading software that millions of people use. This is no small feat, especially when dealing with enterprise customers. As part of this team, you will work to make Jive a world-class development platform. You will utilize and contribute to open source technologies such as Apache Shindig, OpenGraph and OpenSocial APIs in order to allow 3rd party developers to build on and extend Jive. In this role you will actively engage with QA, product management, customer support, product design, UI, and the rest of the development organization to achieve your goals. You'll have the distinct pleasure of being a hero to Jive's customers as you improve the product based on their feedback. To qualify you will need to be a talented Java engineer experienced in multi-tiered Web applications. New/recent College graduates are welcome to apply if they have a solid background in Java and web programming.
- Work with senior members of the engineering team on architecture, design and development
- Develop a platform and APIs to enable developers to extend Jive
- Define APIs and collaborate with partners to integrate applications using Web Services
- Contribute to client and server components of the platform
- Provide design leadership and technical assistance to other team members
- Must communicate effectively with management and peers
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- CS degree with strong academic performance preferred
- Experience building platforms and APIs
- Strong Java and web programming background, including Java, J2EE, Web services and Servlets and XML
- Experience in design and coding for highly secure and scalable object-oriented commercial enterprise software
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Excellent knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Experience with Big Data infrastructure, such as HBase
- Apache and Tomcat experience
* We are also very open to receiving resumes from new/recent College Graduates
About Jive Software
Jive is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business, enabling employees, partners and customers to work better together. Want to learn more about our corporate leadership, partner opportunities, investor information and careers at Jive? You’ve come to the right place. Jive offers a full range of services spanning the entire life cycle of social business software implementations. We don’t take a cookie cutter approach; from project inception through implementation and beyond, our team partners closely with customers to develop and implement a solution tailored to their business demands.