As an Operator reporting to the Production or Finishing Supervisor, the Operator is responsible for safety and quality of the product off the line. The Operator is also responsible for housekeeping, trouble-shooting, and achieving daily production and quality requirements.
• Follow all plant safety regulations and considers safety first in all job actions.
• Support the Department’s daily, weekly, monthly KPI’s by the performance of planned work.
• Maintain the highest quality standard.
• Follow position specific checklist and accepted “best practices.”
• Complete the SBS certification process for required positions in the department;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and comply with plant safety regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written directions and training manuals.
• Demonstrated ability to read a tape measure and have basic math skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible in job roles.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver sustainable and superior results.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers and management regarding equipment status, safety issues, and turnover information.
• Willingness and ability to become certified to operate forklifts, man lifts and overhead cranes.
• High School diploma or GED equivalency.
• Two years in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
In return, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes free full medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day of employment with James Hardie for employee only, minimal cost for family coverage; 6% dollar for dollar matching 401(k) program; Free lunch Friday; Generous paid vacation and holidays; Job training and development; Life insurance; Disability Income Protection; Flexible Spending Accounts; Employee Assistance Program; Discount tickets for amusement parks, recreation sites and movies, and much more!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a $1.5 billion world leader in fiber-cement technology. As the world leader in fiber-cement technology we manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential market. We operate in markets around the world, spanning the United States, Europe, Philippines, Australia, and New Zealand. In the United States alone, we have 10 manufacturing plants, three regional offices and one research center. For more information about our company and career opportunities please visit our website at: http://www.jameshardie.com/career
DIVERSITY AT JAMES HARDIE:
We are committed to diversity at James Hardie in every form. We firmly believe that by hiring and developing people of every background and culture it will further strengthen our company and its people in striving for global leadership.
James Hardie is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About James Hardie
James Hardie Industries N.V. manufactures and sells fibre cement building products for interior and exterior building construction applications primarily in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and Europe. Its fiber cement products are used in a number of markets, including new residential construction (single and multi-family housing), manufactured housing (mobile and pre-fabricated homes), repair and remodeling and a variety of commercial and industrial applications (stores, warehouses, offices, hotels, motels, schools, libraries, museums, dormitories, hospitals, detention facilities, religious buildings and gymnasiums). The Company manufactures numerous types of fiber cement products with a variety of patterned profiles and surface finishes for a range of applications, including external siding and soffit lining, internal linings, facades, fencing and floor and tile underlayments. (Source: 20-F)