The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This is a general level technical work supporting higher level inspectors and engineers in functional areas such as construction inspection and surveying; scheduling and status; roadway design; traffic signal equipment; traffic signalization and geometrics; materials sampling; inspection and testing. Involves significant amount of decision making and use of judgment, and may include providing work direction to others.
* Perform independent complex inspections of roadways and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract.
* Will perform moderately complex inspections; or supervise other inspectors conducting routine and standard inspections. Includes inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans, and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts, structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices.
* Will perform contract documentation duties, including field measurements.
* Writing or supervising the preparation of reports and correspondence.
* May participate in Concept Meetings, Field Plan Reviews (Preliminary/Final) and CPM schedule reviews.
* Bachelors in Civil, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management (4 year degree) or Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management (2 year degree) with two (2) years of progressive transportation technical experience.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
* GDOT worksite erosion control, field concrete technician certification and GSWCC Level 1a (erosion control). Certifications from other agencies or states may possibly be substituted.
* Demonstrated knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction; and considerable knowledge of mathematical functions, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry related to highway/transportation engineering.
Valid Driver's License Required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is engaged in providing a range of technical, professional, and construction services to a number of industrial, commercial, and governmental clients globally. The Company provides four categories of services: project services, which include engineering, design, architectural, and similar services; process, scientific, and systems consulting services, which includes services performed in connection with a range of scientific testing, analysis, and consulting activities; construction services, which encompasses traditional field construction services, as well as modular construction activities, and includes direct-hire construction and construction management services, and operations and maintenance services, which includes services performed in connection with operating large, complex facilities on behalf of clients, as well as services involving process plant maintenance. (Source: 10-K)