The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Structural (Bridge) EIT will assist Engineers by performing the routine aspects of structural engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Structural (Bridge) EIT will work on a variety of projects pertaining to transportation projects.
* Works alongside experienced engineers to perform a variety of analysis and analysis support tasks such as creating computer models for analysis of structures, performing calculations of section properties and weight take-offs, preparation of analysis calculations, etc.
* Performs analysis of structures of various degree of complexity
* Prepares plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers
* Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
* Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
* Works collaboratively with the CAD technician team
* Solves engineering problems and challenges
* Contributes to the preparation of engineering/analysis reports and other technically related documents
* Liaises with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects
* Performs other duties as required.
* May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
* Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
* Masters of Science in Civil Engineering is preferred
* At least one previous summer design internship on transportation, water, and/or land development projects is preferred
* EIT certificate is preferred
* One previous summer internship experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is engaged in providing a range of technical, professional, and construction services to a number of industrial, commercial, and governmental clients globally. The Company provides four categories of services: project services, which include engineering, design, architectural, and similar services; process, scientific, and systems consulting services, which includes services performed in connection with a range of scientific testing, analysis, and consulting activities; construction services, which encompasses traditional field construction services, as well as modular construction activities, and includes direct-hire construction and construction management services, and operations and maintenance services, which includes services performed in connection with operating large, complex facilities on behalf of clients, as well as services involving process plant maintenance. (Source: 10-K)