ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 39 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 60,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
At ITT Tech we are committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in fields involving technology, criminal justice, and business.
The Advanced Software Development Using Java Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
* Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
* Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
* Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
* Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards.
* Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
* Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures if applicable.
* Performs duties in the Learning Resource Center as assigned.
* When possible, participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, andstudent professional associations.
* Oracle Java SE programmer certification (or equivalent) is required. OCP Java SE6 Programmer, OCP Java SE7 Programmer, or OCP Java SE8 Programmer certifications preferred.
* Minimum three (3) years applicable experience in Software Development or related field, such as Computer Science or Software Engineering. Experience with Java and/or Android development preferred.
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in Software Applications Development or related field such as Computer Science or Software Engineering.
* Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
* A minimum of fifteen (15) semester hours in field of study are required. Eighteen (18) or more semester hours in field of study are preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
* Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material. Evening hours may be required.
* Experience in organizing and writing reports and presentations of a technical nature.
* Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the Internet, and management system software.
* Proven track record of project completions, multi-tasking, and the ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline deadlines.
* Past history of developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
* Able to obtain and maintain licenses, if applicable, as required by State or accrediting commissions.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary and 401(k).
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College's safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College's premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College's students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2011 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY .
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB