Title: Manager, HRConnect Operations
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company's solutions enable customers to protect and better use their informationregardless of its format, location or lifecycle stageso they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
As a key leader within the HRConnect Operations Team, the Manager, HRConnect Operations will build the newly forming HR operations, data management, and general administration areas, and then oversee the day-to-day activities of the operations team accountable for specific HR services, processes, and support. The Manager, HRConnect Operations manages a team with expertise in data management, data administration, recordkeeping, process, general administration, and transaction management, who work together and with other areas of HR to deliver high quality results. The team works across various HR systems, including our human capital management system and core system of record for HR (Workday), learning management (Success Factors), payroll (ADP Enterprise), timekeeping (ADP eTIME), and a new ATS once implemented. The team also has oversight for data integrity and daily input/quality; strong understanding of the workflow, processes and "back office" operations required to support the Iron Mountain enterprise.
Reporting directly to the Director, HRConnect Operations, the Manager focuses on maximizing consistency and quality of the teams performance and quality delivery through comprehensive standards, monitoring, training, and employee development. The Manager oversees the day-to-day activities of operations and data analysts/administrators. This team provides support to other areas of HRConnect and the HR function in the areas of operations and data management. The team also researches issues as escalated by Tier 1 or Tier 2 support, and under the direction of the Manager, performs mass updates, data maintenance, table updates, and other systems-related administration (e.g., maintenance of core structures such as supervisory hierarchy, cost center hierarchy, location and job profile structures).
The Manager partners with other HR team members, including HRIT, COEs, Iron Mountain IT, and vendors to maximize return on investment in the various technologies utilized by the HR function. The role also monitors team performance, with an eye towards meeting expected performance indicators, and serves as a point of escalation for the resolution of complex questions and issues. The Manager will have an excellent working knowledge of the HR technologies and can serve as an internal resource to others. Additionally, the role will engage in special projects under the direction of the Director, HRConnect Operations.
The Manager, HRConnect Operations will be a source of innovative ideas to maximize the effectiveness of the team. The role will employ creative and thoughtful approaches to team communication, building team community, and developing capabilities, to ensure the team environment is conducive to continuous learning and improvement, as well as total confidentiality, as required.
- Provide day-to-day management of 5-7 HRConnect Operations team members, including staff hiring, training, coaching, performance management, development, and succession planning
- Develop, oversee, and continuously improve processes, systems, measurement practices, and metrics reporting for the HRConnect Operations Team
- Manage the delivery of quality operations in the key areas of responsibility, including quality data maintenance, data administration, core structure maintenance, transaction management, table maintenance, recordkeeping, etc., as well as special projects as assigned (e.g., Merger and Acquisition work, reorganization, restructuring, RIFs)
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, including HR COE and HRBP customer groups
- Ensure the appropriate and quality usage and maintenance of supporting HR technologies
- Manage the application upgrade process to appropriate HR technologies and assign applicable resources from kick off through successful roll out
- Define and communicate quality standards, ensure compliance with internal procedures, and maintain internal controls to meet Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory requirements
- Analyze formal and informal customer feedback and collaborate with appropriate individuals to proactively improve processes, as needed
- Foster and maintain strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
- Prioritize projects and activities and appropriately delegate and allocate work among staff members; leverage diverse skills appropriately to ensure work is done most efficiently, especially during peak volumes
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the HRConnect Operations team, as well as the HRConnect Contact and Insights Teams, to ensure integration and efficiency
- Support a healthy team community; foster sharing of best practices; enable and model an environment of open feedback and communication, in a face-to-face or virtual setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven team-building capabilities
- Ability to work effectively across boundaries and organizations and to act as a natural connector
- Deep working knowledge of various HR technologies, data management, general administration, and data administration
- Extensive experience with HR operations, processing and workflows, especially in the areas of payroll, timekeeping and benefits transactions
- Deep analytical capabilities with the ability to create views and interpret data from multiple systems to create a cohesive view/report of issues and data
- Process optimization and project management/implementation expertise
- Knowledge of Federal and state laws/regulations that govern Human Resources, and general knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision-making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service and costs, including management skills in addressing interpersonal conflict and stressful work conditions by coping in a mature, problem-solving, solutions-oriented manner
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, IT/Computer Science, or relevant subject
- Certifications: relevant professional certifications a plus
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 5-7 in HR and/or HR systems
- Minimum years of experience supervising: 2-4; prior experience in HR administration, operations, call center, service center or similar management role is preferred
- Location: Collegeville, PA location strongly preferred; other locations considered
- Experience with technology and/or operational process implementations
- Experience with vendor relations and escalation/resolution/governance protocols
- Experience managing and/or working within a virtual team environment
At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer