The Plant Maintenance Technician's primary responsibility is performing maintenance on all plant machinery (balers, conveyors, shredders, lift trucks, loaders, trucks, trailers, electrical systems and other equipment) and utilizing proper skilled techniques to assure the safe, efficient operation of all plant machinery.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance activities
- Plan, coordinate, communicate and perform all repairs and maintenance in a timely manner to minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Administer preventive maintenance scheduling systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain or repair balers, conveyors, shredders, lift trucks, loaders, trucks, trailers and other equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis for any abnormal conditions/ failures, take required corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence of such conditions (include operators in analysis as needed)
- Perform some welding and fabrication.
- Maintains an accurate MSDS system.
- Participate in safety and environmental audits.
- Keep an accurate and adequate inventory of parts for processing equipment, tools and other maintenance related items.
- Manages purchases through purchase order system.
- Documents repairs and maintenance through maintenance management system
- Coordinate all contractor activities on or off site, including auditing their work and safety compliance.
- Proactively audits contractors for quality and economy of service.
- Seek and compare contractors for price and reliability.
- Actively participate on the plant's safety committee.
- 5 years experience as a Maintenance Technician in an industrial plant environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of hydraulics, lubrication, pneumatics, electrical and electronics technologies.
- Ability to remove, repair or replace AC/DC motors.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools
- Welding/fabrication skills.
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Able to recognize hazardous situations and develop a safe work plan.
- Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and work independently with little direct supervision.
- Work schedule must be flexible to include overtime and occasional weekend duties.
- Have excellent written, verbal, organizational, interpersonal skills
- Possess mathematical, problem solving, analytical, communication skills.
Candidates will be evaluated primarily on, but not limited to the above requirements.
Successful candidates must be available to work 1st shift (Monday to Friday) with some overtime expected. Compensation = $ 23.06/ hour. Full benefit package offered.