The Superintendent - Finished Products reports to the Paper Business Unit Manager and assists with management of all aspects of the Paper manufacturing processes of #5, #6 and/or #8 paper machines to include safety, quality, production, cost, and people resources to achieve or exceed targeted performance levels. Coordinate activities with other departments to improve mill performance & maximize profitability. Establish systems for tracking and managing operational expenses and performance. This position will work with other leaders in the area to develop a high performance team.
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety; support broad based participation in the mill’s safety process
- Continue to develop and nurture a team based organization committed to employee participation, engagement and team work, to ensure the success of the Savannah Mill. Utilize CSA process to align Balance Scorecard initiatives to personal objectives
- Responsible for supervising, developing and mentoring APM(s) and Process Managers.
- Help lead the effort to develop a reliability culture where a clear partnership exists between Operations, Maintenance and engineering
- Maintain a focus on product and process quality with excellent relationship with internal customers and suppliers such as the power house, pulp processes, maintenance, and shipping
- Assist with management of the area to achieve budget manufacturing costs, working and ensuring appropriate attention to cost issues and searching for new methods to allow cost reductions
- Foster a culture that supports basic care and improved reliability with goals to reduce the amount of unscheduled downtime
- Set expectations and hold both teams and individuals accountable for results and ensure the proper discipline process is followed as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related Technical Degree is required
- Minimum of 7+ years of successful Paper Machine management experience
- Demonstrated record of safety commitment and results
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership focused on accountability and results
- Thorough knowledge of papermaking processes and operations
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools and their application in driving deliberate improvement initiatives.
Planning, Directing others, Command Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Building Effective Teams, Confronting Direct Re-ports, Functional / Technical, Drive For Results, and Managing Vision and Purpose.