The Pulp Power & Recovery Manager will provide leadership in the pulp, power, & recovery departments in safety, environmental compliance, operational excellence, team building, engagement, and personnel development.
Selected candidate will be responsible for leading their team in successfully day to day operation of the Effluent System, Raw Water Treatment, Mill Utilities, Pulp Mill, Power & Recovery, and Kiln/Caustic areas. The selected candidate will also have overall responsibility for successful area maintenance outages.
- Direct supervision of 3 APM's (Area Process Managers).
- Responsible for managing the operation and maintenance budgets for the Pulp, Power, & Recovery departments.
- Provide 1:1's, mentoring, and career development for direct reports.
- Develop and sustain engagement in departments.
- Lead safety initiatives and ensure initiative sustainability.
- Department's safety record.
- Department's environmental compliance.
- Provide continuity between departments.
- Overall responsibility of department's adherence to corporate policies.
- Set expectation for meeting and exceeding established production and quality goals.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with expectations.
- Support the MWS (Maintenance Work System) teams in the departments.
- Lead the effort in process optimization and optimization sustainability.
Action Oriented, Organizational Skills, Managing and Measuring Work,
Priority Setting, Building Effective Teams, Conflict Management, Ethics
and Values, Integrity and Trust, Motivating Others, Managing through
Systems, Listening, Informing, Managerial Courage, Functional Technical
Skill/Knowledge. Qualified candidates should also possess good oral and
written communication skills.