BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Architect I is responsible for assessing and designing complex solutions to meet our client's technology and business needs. Incumbents manage project teams that consult with our clients to analyze and identify technical requirements. Incumbents are subject matter experts for strategic client opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Managing project teams of client and internal personnel for project profitability and consultant utilization.
- Lead identification of business and technical requirements.
- Developing project work plans (scope) to meet client requirements.
- Designing solutions to meet the clients' complex IT technical requirements.
- Implementing technologies and solutions based on designs.
- Testing IT technologies and solutions.
- Training people internally on complex technology.
- Helping to develop technology practices while ensuring a personal specialization in one or more IT technologies.
- Supporting sales initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated performance in a technical work environment. Minimum of 4 years management experience in a high tech environment. Must have expertise across a wide base of technology and considered proficient in any of the following: HPS and Storage, Networking or Operating Systems, Engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Strong ability to cultivate relationships with partners, suppliers in order to develop and share understanding of technology roadmaps both within Insight and with Insight's client community required. Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively required. Must be able to multi-task effectively. Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation are essential. Ability to interface effectively with client executives in a professional and businesslike manner is a must. Must have experience in providing leadership, assistance and advice to peers. Proven ability to work on internal projects such as recruiting, training development, knowledge management and other strategic internal initiatives a plus.
"About Insight" Footer for Job Descriptions
Insight's success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people's lives. Harmony to celebrate each other's unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Join us as we work to deliver the best solutions through Intelligent Technology™-, the new IT.
- Global technology provider of IT hardware, software and service solutions
- Fortune 500 company founded in 1988
- 5,400 teammates worldwide, operating in 22 countries
- One of The Valley's 2015 Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2015 Dell Healthcare Partner of the Year, 2015 HP PartnerOne Financial Services Partner of the Year, 2014 Cisco Global Architectural Excellence Partner of the Year, Microsoft's No. 1 Global Licensing Solution Provider
Discover more at insight.com or email email@example.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.