|Number of positions:||1.0|
|Town/City:||Toronto, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Business Unit:||NTW OPRTNS (10001527)|
|Department:||NTW CON&DEV (10003580)|
|Duration of assignment:||12-16 months|
You will be a part of the Investment Management team, which is responsible for:
being the central coordinating arm of the Investment Planning Process and the Investment Approvals Process, which includes creating and maintaining schedules and milestones for investments, performing project risk assessments, establishing strategic direction regarding the scope and timing of projects, processing workflow through various departments while maintaining data and records, as well as regular reporting to senior management on the status of and strategic approaches to project development. It is also accountable for aspects of the SAP Investment Management module, and this includes providing guidance to planners on the use of SAP Appropriation Requests (AR’s), and analyzing the progress of investment releases on an ongoing basis.
Your job duties may include:
- Analyzing the quality and accuracy as well as processing project related documents using multiple software programs (SAP, SharePoint)
- Being a point of reference for questions and metrics on data, as well as maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Working with staff in preparing various reports, briefing notes, and presentations
- Assisting in the preparation of agendas, materials and presentations for meetings
- Creating and maintaining departmental reports and internal spreadsheets
- Preparing notes of meetings, distributing meeting materials, and following up with subject matter experts on action items.
- Participating and adding value to team and project meetings
- Assisting with the management of SharePoint sites and records management
- Assisting in optimizing and streamlining processes
- Communicating with multiple stakeholders and processing workflow through multiple departments
- Performing monthly data analysis
- Identifying issues and develop problem solving recommendations
- Creating and delivering training packages on process changes and presentations with financial concepts
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- An in depth understanding of the regulatory and financial framework behind utilities
- Give you the opportunity to explore you academic field of interest by taking on different tasks
- Learn how the energy industry and utilities operate in North America
- Enhance your communication skills by having to work with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Expand your technical knowledge of SAP, SharePoint, and Microsoft Access
- The ability to contribute to a department which is a core business function of a high profile company
- Exposure to Investments, financials, investment planning processes and optimization strategies
- The unique ability to be working as a part of a Crown Corporation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills complemented by strong organizational skills and an ability to work both autonomously and as a team player.
- Initiative driven
- Firm understanding of financial concepts
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Discipline: Business Administration – General, Accounting, Finance; Economics; Master of Economics; MBA – General, Accounting or Finance
- Academic Level: 3rd year +
- Please include a copy of your transcript
- We will contact your school to confirm eligibility
If you are an international student, please ensure you have obtained a proper work permit and a Social Insurance Number (SIN). Speak with your school’s career centre if you have any questions about acquiring this documentation.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a paid position.
Deadline: January 27, 2016