|Number of positions:||2.0|
|Town/City:||Barrie, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Division:||STNS & OPER|
|Department:||Stations - Bruce|
| || |
You will be a member of the above group, which is responsible for:
You will be a member of Hydro One, Bruce, P&C group, which is responsible for:
1) Calibration, Maintenance and Testing of Protection, Control and Telecommunication systems associated with high voltage generation, transmission and distribution systems.
2) Design and installation of the above systems is also considered part of the P&C work program.
Your job duties may include:
1) Assist P&C Technologists and Engineers with routine maintenance, calibration and testing of protective relay systems.
2) Work with P&C department members involved in: equipment upgrade and new equipment installation projects.
3) Work independently updating records and drawings.
4) Other administrative and maintenance support activities as required.
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
1) Exposure to protection and control systems being utilized on a large electrical grid
2) Opportunity to develop and improve skills required to read electrical drawings and understand the application of the information contained on them.
3) Develop an understanding of the different maintenance techniques and test equipment being used in the P&C field.
4) Safety requirements to work in an industrial workplace.
1) Currently enrolled in an Electrical Engineering Technologist program
2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are an international student, please ensure you have obtained a proper work permit and a Social Insurance Number (SIN). Speak with your school’s career centre if you have any questions about acquiring this documentation.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Hydro One is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a paid position.
Deadline: November 10, 2015