Title: INTERN SOFTWARE ENGINEER Assignment: Transcend Insights Location: San Diego or Campbell, CA
Transcend Insights®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc., is redefining how population health is managed, measured and implemented by providing The Platform for Population Wellness. Our HealthLogix™- technology platform and unified solution suite helps health systems care teams and patients transition from episodic to proactive care for long-term wellness. By providing solutions and insights that support a more proactive, person-centric approach to care, we are powering a better care experience, giving people the freedom to make confident decisions, and helping to empower care teams, not tools, to improve the health and long-term wellness of populations.
Transcend Insights offers world-class support and resources to provide a professional and enjoyable working environment.
Summary of Duties & Job Description
* Be part of a team of software developers building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions.
* Utilize the department development infrastructure, processes and software programming techniques to build high quality products.
* Assist with analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of new software solutions.
* Participate in developing new software or improving existing software, identify errors and providing solutions to improve software quality and functionality.
* Participate in code review process.
* Position will operate under the technical leads and reports to the software development manager.
* Currently a candidate for bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Bio Informatics, Engineering or related discipline.
* Excellent inter-personal/communication and problem solving skills.
* Exposure to developing in Linux and/or Windows environment.
* Demonstrates strong working knowledge of C/C , JAVA, PYTHON
* Course work or knowledge in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Cassandra, etc.
* Exposure to OOA/OOD, SDLC, and Agile.
* Highly motivated, driven team player, and passionate about software development.
* Ability to solve problems and detail oriented.
* Ability to work independently and as part of engineering team.
Schedule: Internship (part-time or full-time)
Primary Location: US-CA-San Diego
Work Environment Type: Office
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a health and supplemental benefits company. The Company is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer groups, government benefit programs and individuals. The Company operates in two segments: Government and Commercial. The Government segment consists of beneficiaries of government benefit programs, and includes three lines of business: Medicare, Military and Medicaid. The Commercial segment consists of members enrolled in its medical and specialty products marketed to employer groups and individuals. On October 31, 2008, the Company acquired PHP Companies, Inc. (doing business as Cariten Healthcare). On August 29, 2008, the Company acquired Metcare Health Plans, Inc. On May 22, 2008, it acquired OSF Health Plans, Inc. On April 30, 2008, the Company acquired UnitedHealth Group's Las Vegas, Nevada individual SecureHorizons Medicare Advantage health maintenance organization (HMO) business. (Source: 10-K)