* Seeking software engineer, computer scientist, or other similar computer software related discipline.Candidate should be in the process of pursuing a bachelor's of science degree or greater level of education.
* Works with HP's Personal Systems Innovation Team on a variety of proofs of concept development activities related to future technologies, work styles, and experiences for example in the areas of the modern and future office productivity and collaboration, higher education, and health care.
* Develops operating systems and application software needed to drive proofs of concepts experience flows with the purpose of exploring use cases, behaviors, and user experiences needed to deliver new innovative features and user interfaces into HP's personal systems products, solutions, and / or services.
* Able to develop software applications and services for Windows 10 related platforms (e.g. Win32/64 and Windows Universal (UWP) application models and languages [C#, C++, DirectX, visual basic]) as well as mobile platforms (iOS and Android) for device interoperability concepts and experiences.
* Self-starter and highly motivated individual capable of obtaining appropriate development SDKs and any other tools needed to complete development assignments.
* Able to do preliminary research and determine if requirements can be met by an available, off the shelf, 3rd party software solution versus development of solution in house at HP.
* Good communications skills required to both interact with senior engineers to gather software and user interface requirements as well as to demonstrate end results of developed software to both the innovation team and in some cases, upper management.
* Follows standard software development processes to rapidly specify and document application and services requirements, and then develop, test, and debug agreed up on software for its intended platform and proof of concept.
* Projects will be highly confidential in nature and with significant opportunities to develop new ideas and to file intellectual property (design and utility patents) for HP Inc.
* Other areas of expertise not required but that would benefit this intern position include experience in user interface and graphics design methodology, computer hardware and architecture, windows device driver models, and / or user experience research and methodologies.