The Displays and Graphics Center of Excellence is seeking an Entry Level Systems Engineer for the A300 Systems Engineering Function. This position is based in Phoenix, AZ.
* 10% travel
* Continuous personal development
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space.
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of Things, and design thinking. There is no greater time for the progressive, forward-thinking, technology professional to join our organization. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an integral role in advancing our product offerings, market presence and culture.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
* Develop "systems designs" ranging from small to large, with a wide range of complexity; including system requirements, system architecture, system integration and/or system testing (scenario testing).
* Troubleshoot current system interfaces and performance problems.
* Assist in creating the work breakdown structure and creation of work plans for the team.
* Assist in coordinating engineering review activities associated with project milestones.
* Interface with the project leadership for the program/product, and other project leaders associated with their program/product; clearly present project status with accurate data.
* Interface with stakeholders outside of the main team, including Applications Engineering, Customer Engineering Leads (CEL), and other engineering centers of excellence.
* Demonstrate your ability to work with a diverse group of team members, who are geographically distributed.
YOU MUST HAVE;
* Bachelors of Science Degree in Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, from an accredited college or university.
* Must be a U.Ss. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to export control restrictions.
* Must complete highest level of education no more than 12 months prior to date of hire.
* Background in Systems Engineering strongly preferred.
* Private Pilot License and Flight experience highly desirable.
* Familiarity with Requirements Management Tools (DOORs) desired.
* ARP4754 process knowledge strongly preferred.
* Excellent Communication skills.
About Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell Inc. is a controls company that develops and supplies advanced-technology products, systems and services to homes and buildings, industry, and space and aviation that are designed to conserve energy, protect the environment, improve productivity, enhance comfort and increase safety. The Home and Building Control segment provides products and services intended to create efficient, safe, and comfortable environments. Industrial Controls supplies products, systems and services to help customers improve productivity and meet environmental and safety needs. The Space and Aviation Control segment supplies avionics for the commercial, military and space markets. In addition, the Honeywell Technology Center provides systems analysis and applied research and development on systems and products, including application software, sensors and advanced electronics. Solid State Electronics Center designs and manufactures integrated circuits and sensors. (Source: 10-K405)