At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Aerospace has approximately 40,000 employees around the world and 2015 revenue of $15 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space
Honeywell Aerospace products, services and digital environments collect millions of events per day and as a data driven company believe our data as great stories to tell us. As such, we are investing heavily in our data science capabilities and establishing a Data Science & Analytics team, chartered to build our predictive analytics capabilities for condition monitoring, predictive aircraft maintenance, optimize product performance & build recommendation systems for end customers. The system will ingest machine data from various aircraft systems, maintenance and other operations data including unstructured data, use machine learning and advanced analytics techniques to identify and predict failure patterns and provide recommendations to end customers to avoid unplanned maintenance.
As the Lead Data Scientist for this team, you would be responsible for collaborating with internal and external aircraft systems subject matter experts to capture domain knowledge and building advanced analytics models to identify & predict failure patterns on aircraft systems. You will also be responsible for mentoring and training a team of data scientists on failure prediction techniques. You will work with mix of open source and in-house developed tools but looking for you to help us define the best-of-breed tool set.
Key Responsibilities Include
* Work closely with the aircraft systems teams to gather understanding of data and domain knowledge.
* Identify critical data sources necessary to predict each failure type, transform and fuse various data sources to prepare for analytics.
* Build advanced analytics algorithms to predict component life, impending failure and recommendation systems.
* Mentoring a team of data scientists in building predictive analytics algorithms for machine, component failure.
* Work closely with external partners to transfer knowledge on aircraft predictive maintenance.
* Speaking at conferences, writing and contributing to scientific papers, and encouraging others to do the same.
Experiences and Characteristics we are looking for include:
* Self-starter with the drive to unlock the true power of big, noisy, messy, real-world data
* You have extensive demonstrable experience in building predictive analytics and condition monitoring systems in industrial domain.
* Experience with the development of machine learning algorithms and predictive models.
You Must Have:
* Bachelor's degree in Predictive Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Economics, Marketing Analytics, Mathematics or related field.
* 5 years of experience in Data Science or related role
* 5 years of experience with either Python, R, Tableau, or similar tools.
* Minimum3 years of experience in Machine Learning and other predictive analytics approaches.
* Master's or Ph.D. Degree in the above disciplines, MBA with Technical Undergrad, Operations Research, Quantitative Finance, or equivalent
* Experience with Predictive Analytics & Condition Monitoring in industrial domain.
* Mechanical engineering background with problem solving, ability to draw clear connections between data modeling activities and machine / component failure.
* Experience working with remote and global teams in a matrix organization
* Customer focus and process discipline with excellent collaboration & program management skill.
* Results driven with a positive can do attitude
* Travel up to 10%
* Phoenix, AZ.
About Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell Inc. is a controls company that develops and supplies advanced-technology products, systems and services to homes and buildings, industry, and space and aviation that are designed to conserve energy, protect the environment, improve productivity, enhance comfort and increase safety. The Home and Building Control segment provides products and services intended to create efficient, safe, and comfortable environments. Industrial Controls supplies products, systems and services to help customers improve productivity and meet environmental and safety needs. The Space and Aviation Control segment supplies avionics for the commercial, military and space markets. In addition, the Honeywell Technology Center provides systems analysis and applied research and development on systems and products, including application software, sensors and advanced electronics. Solid State Electronics Center designs and manufactures integrated circuits and sensors. (Source: 10-K405)