HP is the world's largest provider of information technology infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of all sizes. Ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HP, we live for the big idea, the next great discovery. "Invent" is more than a word: it's who we are. Our innovations in the key strategic areas of Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, and Security help shape the technology industry. Everything we do, we do to make technology more practical, usable, and valuable to our customers. Are you ready to give your career the boost it deserves?
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
As a Software Engineer you will join an industry-leading organization and get engaged in the full lifecycle development of the most advanced products and services solutions. You will have the opportunity to work with a global product team for software debugging, development and release management during the full product lifecycle. Aligning with HP's technical career path, HP offers you both vertical and horizontal growth in engineering, IT, and services.
- Design and test HP software and products
- Design and implement features and platform components from requirements
- Involved in the full software development lifecycle
- Work with various developers, product designers, and customer support engineers within the company to deliver high quality defect fixes and enhancements that follow the overall product direction
- Attend design and code reviews
- Outline and write high-level technical design documents for products
- Develop and execute test cases
- Analyze and write test standards and procedures
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- Analyze test results to validate existing functionality and recommend corrective action
- Consult with development engineers on problem resolution
- Automate test cases and maintain the automation test framework
- Perform routine tasks, such as updating statuses and attending team meetings
- Bachelor or Master degree (completed prior to start date) in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or related fields
- Software programing knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following: independent code line over 20,000, Java, Java Script, C, C , C#, VB.Net, ASP, MFC, Visual Studio
- Web development knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following: HTML5, CSS, XML, Python, XAML
- Mobile platform development knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following: Android, iOS, Mobile Windows systems
- Enterprise development knowledge and/or experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and experience on Linux shell script, Windows programming
- Test engineering knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the following testing tools QTP, LoadRunner, Linux, Windows
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Passion for technology
- Eager, quick learner with strong team work spirit
- Agile development environment knowledge and/or experience
- Software product R&D or debugging experience
- Prior internship experience
- Leadership experience - Able to perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment
About Hewlett-Packard (HP)
Hewlett-Packard Company is a provider of products, technologies, software, solutions and services to individual consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including the public and education sectors. Its offerings span personal computing and other access devices; imaging and printing-related products and services; enterprise information technology infrastructure, including enterprise storage and server technology and software that optimizes business technology investments, and multi-vendor customer services, including technology support and maintenance, consulting and integration and outsourcing services, as well as application services and business process outsourcing. During the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008, its operations were organized into seven business segments: Enterprise Storage and Servers, HP Services, HP Software, the Personal Systems Group, the Imaging and Printing Group, HP Financial Services and Corporate Investments.