Entry Level - System Software Engineer
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
* Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
* Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
* Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
* Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
* Minimum 0-2 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
* Experience or understanding of software systems design tools and languages.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Understanding of design for software systems running on multiple platform types
* Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
* Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.