Log back in!
Registered Nurse/MICU/Henry Ford Hospital Detroit/New RN Rates!
Requisition #: 95170
Status: Part-Time with Full-Time Benefits (36-39.99 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Hospital & Support Group
Department: MICU Pod 6
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location: Henry Ford Health System - HFHS
Location (State/City): US-MI-Detroit
More information about this position
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,100-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2013, Henry Ford provided $314 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com
The Medical ICU (MICU) at Henry Ford Hospital in downtown Detroit has opportunities for experienced RNs. This unit can be an experienced RN's next challenging and rewarding career step. This unit has a total of 8 beds and is being reopened due to hospital census.
* Position: 36 hours per week / Three 12 hour shifts
* Shift: Midnights 7 pm to 7 am
* Benefits: Full time benefit package
DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS UNIT:
* High level of customer service skills. A calm and collective work manner and personality.
* Teamwork and time management skills.
* Experience leading teams or charge nurse experience.
* Attention to detail.
* Qualified nurses with a minimum of one year, licensed, inpatient experienced are invited to apply.
* Henry Ford Hospital is an 800 bed level one trauma hospital, teaching hospital, and research hospital. It offers the highest level of ICU acuity in the state.
* The hospital is on the Mayo Clinic model with most of our Physicians as Henry Ford employees. RN's are considered to be an integral part of the patient care team.
* The hospital CEO is also the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) of the Henry Ford Health System.
* Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current Michigan State Board of Nursing RN license required.
* Minimum of one year of licensed, inpatient Med Surg nursing experience required.
* ICU or critical care experience preferred.
* Current BLS and ACLS certifications.
A generous full time benefit program includes:
* Medical/vision/dental insurances after waiting period
* Flexible spending accounts
* 6 paid holidays
* 3 weeks CTO accrual beginning after 90 days
* Tuition assistance of $3,000 per year after one year of service
* Free parking
* Life/ short term/long term disability insurances
HENRY FORD HOSPITAL:
* 2009-10 US News America's Best Hospital. A Level 1 trauma center, research and teaching hospital.
* Third largest health care system in the state of Michigan. 17th largest in the USA.
* 2011 Recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige Presidential Quality Award
* Top 100 Hospitals To Work For by Nursing Professionals Magazine
* 2008-10/11 Metro Detroit's Best & Brightest Companies To Work For
* 2008/09/10/11 Diversity Inc. Top 50 Companies For Diversity
* 2007-09 Crain's Cool Places To Work In Tough Times
* Detroit Free Press Top Work Places 2010
* Most of our doctors are Henry Ford employees.
* $4.7 billion dollar health system with 24,000 employees, 5 hospitals, 30 medical centers, home health care, hospice, research units, infusion centers, and dialysis centers. This is a great organization to make your final career move too, no matter how long until you retire. A positive leadership team sets the tone for team work and a positive work environment.
* 10% of our nurses are Canadians who have a short commute over the border. A valid Visa Screen certificate is needed to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law..
About Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System, a Michigan not-for-profit corporation, is one of the nation's leading comprehensive, integrated health systems, providing acute, specialty, primary and preventive care services, backed by excellence in research and education. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, it is committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse community.