Log back in!
Registered Nurse - Home Health Care (Full-time, Part-time) - Territory Coverage Area: Detroit
Requisition #: 91904
Status: See Posting Details
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Shift: See Posting Details
Department: Home Health Care - Community Care Services (Sourcing Req)
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location: Detroit Northwest
Location (State/City): US-MI-Detroit
More information about this position
Are you a registered nurse interested in serving the Detroit community?
Henry Ford Hospital's 100th anniversary celebrates our longstanding history of caring within the city of Detroit and surrounding communities. While Henry Ford has expanded throughout southeast Michigan, we still remain deeply committed to the city of Detroit. If you are a nurse who shares our devotion to the "D", we invite you to join our outstanding team of professionals who provide the same high quality care you've come to expect from Henry Ford Hospital to patients in their homes.
Henry Ford Home Health Care is one of the most prestigious home health care groups in the country, providing compassionate care to our families, friends, and neighbors throughout Detroit and southeast Michigan in the communities we live and work in.
We are seeking candidates to continue our history of caring. Full-time, part-time and contingent positions are available in the city of Detroit for those who want to play a role in the revitalization of our great city. Successful applicants will have current licensure as a registered nurse and at least 9 months of nursing experience.
We offer an excellent Total Rewards program, including a newly revised pay structure, incentives to live and work
in Midtown Detroit, and outstanding opportunities for nurses to learn and grow.
Click here to learn more about Henry Ford at Home and view patient testimonials
This requisition will support candidates interested in present, and future employment opportunities with Henry Ford Health System's Community Care Services Division.
Opportunities in Home Health Nursing exist at multiple office branches to support home care in the city of Detroit.
Employment opportunities exist on a full-time, and Part-time basis.
Central Office Location:
Home Health Care - One Ford Place
One Ford Place
Detroit, Michigan 48202
* Under general supervision of the nursing supervisor, utilizes the knowledge and application of nursing principles to provide direct patient care in the home.
* Assesses need for other allied health care services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutrition, speech pathology and social work, to ensure an integrated home health care delivery system.
* Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Successful completion of a registered nursing program accredited by the National League of Nursing required.
* Current licensure by the State of Michigan as a registered nurse required.
* A minimum of nine months of clinical nursing experience required, acute care experience preferred.
* The ability to effectively communicate with patients, families and hospital personnel is required.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required in order to interact effectively with individuals from various cultural and socio-ecomonic backgrounds.
* Must possess a current State of Michigan driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
* Must have reliable transportation and a telephone.
* Must be able to lift, carry, transport and move clients, if needed.
* Must be willing to travel in the City of Detroit to treat home bound patients.
* This position supports the home care communities within the Tri County Areas: (Wayne, Oakland and Macomb)
* Full and Part-Time employees are offered a generous benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage effective the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
* Employees are offered paid time off after 90 days of employment and also qualify for retirement benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law..
About Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System, a Michigan not-for-profit corporation, is one of the nation's leading comprehensive, integrated health systems, providing acute, specialty, primary and preventive care services, backed by excellence in research and education. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, it is committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse community.