Responsible for providing expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the systems architecture for one or more platforms/systems. Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals. This position is also focused on the development of the PRPC components and ensures adoption of design best practices and class structure re-use.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Participates in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Pega across the enterprise.
Implements PRPC solutions requiring integration of one or two platforms, operating systems and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensures projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other, and business and IT strategies.
Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards.
Assists or leads the research for one to two system platforms, evaluation and assessment of new or enhanced technologies that could improve current systems and support overall business goals.
Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient systems.
Assist in Identifying future skill-sets and competencies needed in the IT organization to ensure that organization is prepared technically to support the architectural direction.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
Senior System Architect Pega Certification strongly preferred
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
Two years as an IT Architect, with experience in the following areas strongly preferred:
- Building Business Process Management solutions using Pega PRPC
- Experience using CPM Framework
- Object Oriented Programming
- Building large J2EE Applications
Two years experience in end to end design of enterprise wide systems
Two years experience leading technical design teams
Three years experience in communicating and presenting technical information to non technical people
Minimum five years experience in Network engineering, Database Administration or Web development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application and systems engineering
Have or adapt Healthcare Payer business knowledge quickly preferred
Knowledge of J2EE Applications, system architecture, application servers, databases preferred
Experience in PRPC and Framework Installation preferred
Experience in SOA & Messaging experience (RESTful, JMS, ESB, EMS) preferred
Experience in Apache web server configuration, Weblogic Application server installation and configuration is a plus.
Experience in AES installation, configuration and monitoring is a plus.
Experience in Pega application upgrade is a plus.
Knowledge and experience in Oracle Database and Alfresco integration is a plus.
Customer service orientation
- The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that constant refers to more than 81% of time; significant refers to 40-80%;and moderate refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Computer usage including constant typing and/or eye strain.
- Moderate repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Moderate phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one or several things to the next.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability