- The Solutions Architect is responsible for providing expertise on decisions and priorities regarding the Enterprise's overall business systems architecture. Provide integrated process consulting that intersects business architecture needs with new or different technologies to enhance current business processes and support overall corporate and business goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Consults with business units to understand existing business processes in order to recommend process changes and/or technology solutions (existing or new) that can enhance and support business functions. Acts in a consultative role during plan, build and implementation, to ensure business process needs and goals are translated and delivered appropriately into the Enterprise.Oversees and supports solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems and applications across the enterprise to reduce costs and improve processes. Ensures projects do not duplicate functionality and works to connect projects and programs from across the organization together in support of business and IT strategies.Develops and documents the solutions framework for integration and implementation for changes to business processes and technology intersections.Leads the process analysis efforts that will generate enhanced efficiencies and appropriate use of new technologies. Participates in the research, evaluation and assessment of new or enhanced technologies that support overall business goals.Manages program projects, and/or specialized project deliverables and objectives.Manages and oversees the relationship with vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field; Master's Degree preferred
PMP, Six Sigma, CBAP, or equivalent certifications preferred
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
Three to five years experience Systems/Solutions Integration or similar fieldFamiliarity with iterative software development preferredFamiliarity with Pega preferredProven track record of designing and implementing technology solutions in a large, complex environmentORAny combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
In-depth knowledge of systems architecture Exceptional working knowledge of project management tools, methodologies, and softwareExcellent problem solving skillsDemonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work in a team environmentDemonstrated ability to work effectively while handling multiple projectsAbility to make presentations to management Ability to provide consulting to other associates and teams Full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming
- The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that constant refers to more than 81% of time; significant refers to 40-80%;and moderate refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Constant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Moderate amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
About Health Net, Inc.
Health Net, Inc. (Health Net) is an integrated managed care organization that delivers managed healthcare services through health plans and government-sponsored, managed-care plans. The Company operates and conducts its businesses through its subsidiaries. Health Net's health plans and government contracts subsidiaries provide health benefits through its health maintenance organizations (HMOs), insured preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans to approximately 6.7 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare, (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as Part D), Medicaid, TRICARE and Veterans Affairs programs. The Company operates within two segments: Health Plan Services and Government Contracts.