The Business and Data Analysis Manager is responsible for managing a team of Business Analysts who are responsible for providing cross-functional process analysis and improvement, documentation, and business and data analysis for the Medicare Risk Adjustment, ACA Risk Adjustment and Medi-Cal products. This position also manages staff who represent business specialties or functions on formal project teams. The team will also be responsible for building databases and tracking tools for assigned lines of business and risk adjustment activities using database tools such as TOAD, PL SQL, MY SQL, Oracle, VB and/or VB.NET.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, evaluates and documents business needs and objectives, operational processes and procedures, problems and requirements.
- Recommends operational and process improvements based on efficiencies and available technologies.
- Maintains a repository of performance metrics, and generates management reports illustrating statistical data, text and graphics
- Conducts secondary research using a variety of publications, services and health statistic databases.
- Produces documentation, including project plans, analytical reports, decision backup, information research reports, budget analyses, training plans, business justifications, and graphics.
- Responsible for project modeling and forecasting. May manage a singular effort on a given project or lead a team to address a specific concern.
- May also be assigned lower level management functions.
- Coordinates with stakeholders to develop business cases for potential new products or initiatives.
- Documents and maintains workflow and business process models related to assigned projects. Models Processes and events.
- Works with other departments to identify and document business requirements, workflow, policies and procedures
- Evaluates or assesses vendor features, functions, products, and attributes.
- Creates and executes user test plans.
- Documents project-planning assumptions, functional requirements, product features and specifications for programmers.
- May also be assigned some project management or project control responsibilities.
- Manages all aspects of operational analysis and documentation for assigned specialties and functions.
- Manages data analysis and projections in support of projects and initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards.
- Oversees documentation of scoping, evaluation and feasibility studies for assigned projects.
- Oversees analytical support for resource planning, cost estimates, human resource needs and budget development.
- Manages the development, reporting and analysis of specialized metrics.
- Develops process and operational recommendations.
- Participates with project teams to implement recommendations and communicate decisions.
- Conducts needs analyses and budget analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field preferred
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
- Minimum seven years cross-functional business and data analysis experience, with a minimum of three years in a management role
- Experience building solutions using database tools such as TOAD, PL SQL, MY SQL, Oracle, VB and/or VB.NET
- Health care experience highly desired
- Medicare, Medi-Cal, ACA and/or risk adjustment experience extremely helpful
- OR; any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to conduct business studies and recommend solutions
- Knowledge of functional area policies, procedures, processes, and standards preferred; ability to learn quickly required
- Excellent writing skills for preparing narrative reports and correspondence
- Abilities in math, accounting and/or financial principles, as well as fundamental knowledge of and skill in statistical analysis
- Demonstrated mastery of the basic techniques of financial modeling, statistical analysis, accounting, business plan development and graphical displays of data
- Knowledge of and ability to apply process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and evaluation processes
- Strong technical skills and ability to use advanced features of MS Office and relational databases. Proficiency and ability to use database tools such as TOAD, PL SQL, MY SQL, Oracle, VB and/or VB.NET. to create databases, scripts, queries, etc. to create solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of the features and capabilities of PC based software programs and automated database management systems
- Highly collaborative work and communication styles.
- Strong human relations skills and the ability to interact with various levels of personnel
- Excellent oral communication skills and the skill to prepare and deliver presentations in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated initiative and independence under minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple task, and meet deadlines with competing priorities
- Proven analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with various levels of associates, clients and management
- Presentation to variety of audiences in a variety of formats
- Knowledge of IT functions, systems and capabilities
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that constant refers to more than 81% of time; significant refers to 40-80%; and moderate refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Constant may work in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one or several things to the next.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability