The Supervisor Operations provides direct supervision to entry and/or processing staff and provides hiring, training, evaluation, development and performance management. Monitors and directs workflow to ensure timely and accurate processing to meet organizational objectives and contractual requirements. Develops policies and procedures to improve efficiencies and to support new contracts or programs. Interfaces with internal staff at all levels, field personnel, staff from other contractors and customers. Creates and monitors reports as required for process control and production effectiveness. Completes special projects as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Ensures production effectiveness by monitoring reports, assigning resources as required, analyzing processes and making recommendations for process improvement.Ensures quality effectiveness by monitoring reports and making adjustments to processes and procedures as necessary.Responds to customer inquiries and tracks issues for possible process improvement.Represents department with efforts to promote relationships, improve processes and secure goals.Collects and analyzes operational data to determine reasons for calls and identify efficiency improvements.Performs quality control work and provides feedback and coaching to staff.Handles administrative issues (associate issues, disciplinary matters, timekeeping, scheduling).Handles escalated telephone calls.Works on special projects as required for staff or self-development as well as meeting corporate and departmental goals and objectives.Works in conjunction with department staff to analyze and construct procedures in response to new programs or contracts.Develops and maintains relationships with other departments to collaborate on issues and ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
Minimum two years direct supervisory experience including hiring and firing authority for minimum of ten associatesTwo years experience in healthcare (government healthcare delivery preferred) or production environment requiredORAny combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include business letter writing, procedural documentation and presentation experience Proven leadership, coaching and motivational abilitiesFundamentals of supervisionMust be skilled and experienced with PC and mainframe applications including MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that constant refers to more than 81% of time; significant refers to 40-80%;and moderate refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Significant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Constant amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Tampa, Florida
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
About Health Net, Inc.
Health Net, Inc. (Health Net) is an integrated managed care organization that delivers managed healthcare services through health plans and government-sponsored, managed-care plans. The Company operates and conducts its businesses through its subsidiaries. Health Net's health plans and government contracts subsidiaries provide health benefits through its health maintenance organizations (HMOs), insured preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans to approximately 6.7 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare, (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as Part D), Medicaid, TRICARE and Veterans Affairs programs. The Company operates within two segments: Health Plan Services and Government Contracts.