The Training and Development Specialist II administers, organizes and conducts training and educational programs in connection with management and professional development, on the job training, and employee orientation. Maintains records of training activities and employee progress and monitors effectiveness of programs. Assesses, designs and develops training programs. Develops partnerships with line management to identify organizational issues and create solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs associate training in various modalities: classroom, small groups and individual mentoring. Identifies training, developmental and support needs by conducting departmental analyses.
- Designs, develops and updates training materials including manuals, desktop procedures, bulletins, computer based training modules, and student evaluation exams.
- Recommends and assists in the selection of external resources as required.
- Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities and regularly monitors and reports results to management, along with recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Maintains records of training activities.
- Monitors and evaluates trainee's progress and development by implementing an evaluation and proficiency assessment process that is consistent with company appraisal, developmental and feedback standards.
- Trains new hires on all systems.
- Cross-trains all associates on all systems.
- Stay abreast of training, development, and learning materials, methods and techniques and their possible application to current/planned training/educational programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
Minimum one year training/teaching experience in a professional setting with demonstrated capacity to design training and performance improvement programsExperience in needs assessment, performance gap analysis and assessing training needsHealthcare/insurance industry experience requiredLotus Notes and system configuration experience preferredOr any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Proficient in PC based software programs, including word processing and presentation software (PowerPoint) and automated database management systemsMust possess strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communicationRequired to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain. Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).Significant phone usage; headsets may be required.Moderate amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.Moderate walking/standing may be required. Walking and/or transporting supplies and equipment between buildings/parking lots and structures may be required.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
About Health Net, Inc.
Health Net, Inc. (Health Net) is an integrated managed care organization that delivers managed healthcare services through health plans and government-sponsored, managed-care plans. The Company operates and conducts its businesses through its subsidiaries. Health Net's health plans and government contracts subsidiaries provide health benefits through its health maintenance organizations (HMOs), insured preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans to approximately 6.7 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare, (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as Part D), Medicaid, TRICARE and Veterans Affairs programs. The Company operates within two segments: Health Plan Services and Government Contracts.