- The Business Systems Analyst identifies and presents business and technical specifications based on customer and business needs, industry best practices and available technology. Implements processes, systems and applications to meet the company's business initiatives. Responsible for driving low to moderately complex systems requirements (6 or less participants and/or budget of less than $200K).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with management and staff to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Communicates the business requirements and technical specifications to the technical/programming department.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes.
- Develops, tests, installs, and modifies functional software.
- Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Consults and coordinates with systems analysts and programmers to design and develop automated business systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of technological functions to customer's specifications.
- Develops, tracks and manages project plans including goals, strategy, resource scheduling, timelines, and budget.
- Provides end-user application support.
- Analyzes existing systems to determine more efficient processing methods or to identify errors.
- Conducts preliminary investigation for all project requests. Reviews requirements, specifications, testing plans, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Finance/Accounting, Business or other technical/analytical field required
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
Minimum three years analytical and data processing experienceIT experience preferredHealth Care or other applicable industry experience preferredORAny combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of PC hardware, software and how networks work
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, Project and Windows operating systems
- Requires excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to develop functional requirements and documentation for technical staff
- Ability to develop data process modeling/mapping
- Ability to utilize data mapping or extraction tools
- The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that ‘constant’ refers to more than 81% of time; ‘significant‘ refers to 40-80%; and ‘moderate’ refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Significant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Moderate amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
About Health Net, Inc.
Health Net, Inc. (Health Net) is an integrated managed care organization that delivers managed healthcare services through health plans and government-sponsored, managed-care plans. The Company operates and conducts its businesses through its subsidiaries. Health Net's health plans and government contracts subsidiaries provide health benefits through its health maintenance organizations (HMOs), insured preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans to approximately 6.7 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare, (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as Part D), Medicaid, TRICARE and Veterans Affairs programs. The Company operates within two segments: Health Plan Services and Government Contracts.