The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing marketing campaigns and communications to support sales activities and product launches through a variety of channels such as print, communications and mailings. This position is also responsible for creating and delivering Health Net's brand positioning and messaging in the marketplace, along with monitoring the development of our brand equity. This position works with internal departments through every stage of development.
Supports development of print collateral materials and marketing communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports development of print collateral materials and marketing communications.
- Manages print inventory and portfolio of collateral material and/or implements the development of sales and promotional materials, as well as state- or federally-mandated forms and product descriptions.
- Develops and supports marketing plans and oversees project management from initiation to delivery including, but not limited to, timeline and work plan management.
- Works with a creative team of designers and writers to ensure on-target, on-budget, on-time delivery of high quality marketing solutions.
- Provides support to sales, product, operational teams on retention, new sale and legislative initiatives.
- May manage interactions and division of responsibilities with external internal Marketing Communication Services group.
- May assist in annual Business Review process, feeding into the development of Marketing Plans for the coming year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
- Two or more years marketing experience, preferably in healthcare or managed care. State Health Plan experience is a plus.
- Experience should include a successful track record of managing new initiatives and managing cross-functional projects
- OR. any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard marketing principles and practices
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to understand overall business communication needs and objectives
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task without losing attention to detail
- Excellent project management organization and follow-up skills
- Strong creative judgment and ability to manage creative process
- The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that constant refers to more than 81% of time; significant refers to 40-80%; and moderate refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Significant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Moderate lifting may be required. May need to lift, carry and/or move equipment/supplies weighing up to 10 pounds, always using safe lifting techniques.
- Moderate work in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one or several things to the next.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
About Health Net, Inc.
Health Net, Inc. (Health Net) is an integrated managed care organization that delivers managed healthcare services through health plans and government-sponsored, managed-care plans. The Company operates and conducts its businesses through its subsidiaries. Health Net's health plans and government contracts subsidiaries provide health benefits through its health maintenance organizations (HMOs), insured preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans to approximately 6.7 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare, (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as Part D), Medicaid, TRICARE and Veterans Affairs programs. The Company operates within two segments: Health Plan Services and Government Contracts.