The Medicare Sales Account Executive is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing contracted sales producers and sales organizations, and for contracting, training and motivating new sales producers. This position is also responsible for educational and compliance oversight activities with contracted producers and represents Health Net as the industry leader to contracted producers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Oversees sales producers and sales organizations to ensure full compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines. Follows company policies relating to the selling and marketing of Health Net Medicare Programs products. Completes required trainings and recertifications and keeps current on all regulatory and company compliance requirements.Works with sales management on the development and implementation of an annual sales and marketing plan to increase overall Health Net Medicare membership, revenue and market share.Provides and maintains reports on business activities, productivity tracking, forecasting and sales analysis, etc.Educates and motivates existing and prospective sales producers about Health Net Medicare Programs products, policies and procedures.Acts as the primary service support for Health Net sales producers and sales organizations in assigned territory.Maintains strong familiarity of competitors and overall market environment. Communicates sales opportunities and barriers to management.Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred
Valid and appropriate State Department of Insurance License unless not required by the StateCurrent annual Medicare sales certification
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
- Minimum two years of sales experience in Medicare, managed care or the insurance industry; OR
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communication, interpersonal, sales and influencing skills
- Presentation skills, from individuals to large audiences
- Management skills and ability to produce results
- Ability to work as an independent self-starter as well as part of a team
- Personal computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and sales tracking tools
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and within region to satisfy business needs and meet sales producers, clients, etc., in various settings (offices, restaurants, etc.).
- Must possess a valid State driver's license and automobile insurance coverage if driving a vehicle for company business.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability