The Administrative Assistant III provides general and specialized administrative support to the Director of Medicare Broker Sales. The responsibilities of this position are complex and varying, for which processes and solutions must regularly be created.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Provides administrative support to department director and other department associates as needed
- Schedules appointments and meetings and arranges travel and conferences.
- Compiles information and prepares a variety of drafts and finished documents including schedules, presentations, charts, graphics, tables and reports.
- Reviews finished materials for completion, accuracy, format, grammar, spelling and composition.
- Coordinates and/or attends meetings, creates agendas, records/transcribes minutes and follows up on action items
- Submits and tracks purchase requisitions, expense reports, travel requests, information technology requests, and facility requests.
- Receives phone calls, answers requests for factual information pertaining to the department?s specialty, and/or directs calls to the appropriate associate or department
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence, including opening, reviewing, routing, and distributing.
- Orders, maintains, and tracks an adequate inventory of office supplies and forms, obtaining proper approvals and staying within allotted budget.
- May coordinate the work of a support staff, including training, coaching and communicating policies and procedures.
- May serve as a department delegate on administrative projects and committees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate's degree preferred
Government Clearance & US Citizenship Requirement
- Minimum five years of administrative support experience required; OR
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Effective organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to administer busy calendars and schedules in Lotus Notes or similar software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative to work independently to complete assigned projects or goals
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and reasoning in executing day-to-day responsibilities
- Knowledge of department, organization, administrative systems and processes or ability to learn quickly
- Excellent telephone skills and knowledge of business protocols and standards of etiquette applied to a variety of situations
- Excellent abilities in office organization and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and effective interpersonal skills to deal with all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information pertaining to business strategies, products and associates
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability