The Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas. These include:
- Follows specific procedure to perform terminal cleaning of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new patients.
- Uses industrial cleaning agents and equipment following appropriate safety procedures.
- Operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums.
- Moves furniture and other objects as needed in order to ensure adequate cleaning.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Less than high school
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English preferred
- Previous housekeeping experience in healthcare or hotel setting preferred
About JFK Medical Center
HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, has a 160,000-employee workforce with positions in a variety of fields, including nursing, human resources, information technology and shared services. Most importantly, each employee is a valued member of the HCA family.
As an employee at an HCA-affiliated facility, your potential for achievement, fulfillment and career growth are substantial. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity.