Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
The Application Administrator's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the computer information systems that support core business functions primarily focusing on packaged, off-the-shelf applications. This individual is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing networked software and associated operating systems. The Technical Application will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The administrator will work closely with the IT management team to develop and enhance current global application support model and processes. In addition to technical administration, this role will also be responsible for identifying business criticality and level of support needed for business applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities::
- Provide support for various applications managed by the Application Support team
- Ensure all applications are operating at the highest level of quality and performance
- Engage in troubleshooting application issues and working with developers and vendors as necessary until resolution
- Updating knowledgebase with SOPs and troubleshooting steps for Tier 1 support
- Provide on-call support
- Identify problem trends and provide solutions
Help develop Application support model and plan
- Create different tiers for support
- Establish support criteria for applications for each tier
- Establish support schedules and escalation points
- Work with application owners to create environment diagrams and data flow
- Develop world class practices and operating procedures
Document Knowledgebase and CMDB
- Provide common solutions to the first level support teams by creating how to documents
- Establish SOPS related to maintenance tasks for applications
- Establish release schedule working with the App Dev teams
- Manage relationships with other teams and peers
- Work with internal customers and requesting organizations to understand incidents and ensure quality service is provided
- Manage problems
- Provide estimates for project requests
- Manage expectations and help prioritize production support and projects across disparate organizations
- Communication with senior management and project management on plans, status, risks and issues
- Manages vendor relationships e.g., Dell, IBM, VMware, and Cisco, etc.
- Manage open vendor incidents to ensure timely resolution, root cause analysis, and defect elimination plans
- Driving vendor negotiations to maximize contract value and minimize cost
- Collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team
- Review and evaluate application architecture and structure for adherence to EA standards
- Recommend and propose changes to new application requests or to migration requests as needed in collaboration with EA team
Education and Experience Requirements::
- 5-7 years of systems administration experience in a large heterogeneous Windows/UNIX/Linux production environment is required.
- 5-7 years of experience supporting mission critical externally facing systems
- 5-7 years working with enterprise class virtualization technologies.
- 5-7 years of Solid understanding of business analysis and enterprise application support in a multinational and matrixed organization.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server operating system and Active Directory.
- Solid understanding of incident, problem, release and change management processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- ITIL Foundation certification a plus.
Experience with application rationalization is preferred.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company dedicated to fulfilling the fundamental need for play for children and families through the creative expression of the Company's world class brand portfolio, including TRANSFORMERS, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, MY LITTLE PONY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF and LITTLEST PET SHOP. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative play and entertainment experiences, in a variety of forms and formats, anytime and anywhere. The Company's Hasbro Studios is responsible for entertainment brand-driven storytelling around Hasbro brands across television, film, commercial productions and short-form. Through the company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Information Technology
Business Unit: Corporate
Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children's and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys. Its offerings include a variety of games, including traditional board, card, hand-held electronic, trading card, role-playing and digital versatile disc (DVD) games, as well as electronic learning aids and puzzles. Toy offerings include boys' action figures, vehicles and playsets, girls' toys, electronic toys, plush products, preschool toys and infant products, electronic interactive products, creative play and toy-related specialty products. Hasbro's principal segments are United States (U.S.) and Canada and International. In March 2008, the Company purchased all of the intellectual property rights related to the Trivial Pursuit brand from Horn Abbot Ltd. and Horn Abbot International Limited. In January 2008, the Company acquired Cranium, Inc.