Sr. Software Developer - .Net
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 2-4 years of experience in an engineering role
- Familiarity of working in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Exposure to Object Oriented programming, relational database technologies, distributed computing tech (Hadoop, Spark), RESTful API, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks
- Understanding of iOS and Android environments
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to accurate technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Deliver customer value in the form of high quality software components and services in adherence with RPR policies on Security, performance, longevity and Integration testing
- Estimate the size of development tasks in story points.
- Understand and follow coding conventions, architectures, and best practices
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes
- Adhere to DOD as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices
Contributions to the Team
- Learn the domain knowledge for area of assignment
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Contribute to agile ceremonies to improve team performance
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across te team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Participate and contribute to scrum meetings ie daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives
Cross functional Coordination and Communication
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Builds strong relationships with cross-functional team members
About GTN Technical Staffing
GTN Technical Staffing maintains a core team of project and technical leaders that oversee the delivery of high quality solutions. Our consultants include PMI certified project managers, legacy and web application developers, database architects, business analysts, technical architects, security specialists, systems administrators, training and documentation specialists, and more.
GTN Technical Staffing has a global presence, with a proven ability to source and hire consultants for IT jobs internationally in such diverse countries as Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, Germany, and more.
Are you interested in a recruiting career? If so take a look at some of the characteristics of a successful recruiter, and contact us if you think you are a fit.