Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to document business processes. Meets with users, project leaders and management to discuss and plan guidelines and criteria for documentation of a system, program, project plan, and timelines.
- The ability to create effective documents that are clear, succinct, accurate, and appropriately detailed.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Ability to begin to understand basic root-cause of problems and propose possible solutions within the scope of current Greenheck systems, Test and identify best solution, create solution document and describe/sell chosen solution.
- Creation of standard to moderately complex technical design specifications from functional requirements including: system use case diagrams, data flow diagrams, system design models, pseudo code, etc. Some programming knowledge is required. May need to work with programmers to clarify during development.
- Ability work as a member of a project team. Able to manage tasks assigned to them and provide estimated time of completion. Understands and can apply project management methodologies.
- Has good interpersonal skills and is able to build solid relationships with peers and customers. Is able to train end users on processes and transactions.
- Understands and recognizes change management issues and works with others to resolve.
Associate degree with a minimum of 4 years of related work experience or a four-year degree with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience.