The Divisional Human Resources Manager is responsible for working with business unit management to guide and manage the provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs within the division. The major areas of responsibility include recruiting and staffing, organizational development, performance management, compliance with all employment law and corporate policies, employee relations and compensation planning and administration.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate on business unit management teams and provide guidance on employee related issues.
- Assist business unit management in defining staffing needs, developing job requirements and descriptions, screening candidates and final employee selection.
- Assist business unit management on organizational issues; getting the right people in the rights seats. Plan and implement talent development programs and processes.
- Oversee the annual performance management process for the business unit and assist business unit supervisors in addressing performance issues.
- Interpret employment laws and corporate policies for employees and management. Address non-compliance issues.
- Assist with employee relations initiatives for the business unit such as employee survey, communication, training programs, etc. Assist employees with individual concerns and issues.
- Oversee annual compensation budget planning process for the division.
- Work with Human Resource Specialists to develop company-wide best practices for recruiting, compensation planning, corporate policies, training and development programs, etc.
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college degree.
- Candidates must exhibit a professional level of knowledge of Human Resources practices, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate would have 10-15 years of progressive experience managing Human Resources functions within an organization.
- Must have a customer service mindset.
- Must be able to coach and build the skills of Business Unit employees, and assist in establishing an organization that works effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to function in a team environment, cope with stress, and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external partners.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and continually improve business processes and systems is required.
- Infrequent travel required.
- 5 to 10 years of progressively more responsible work experience is required.