Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The candidate will use a test-driven, Agile Software Development Methodology to design, develop, validate, and document enterprise software applications that meet defined requirements to support the tracking and reporting of the project needs.
* Entry-level software development support.
* Applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
* Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
* Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
* Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion, and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
* Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
* Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
* Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
* Performs feasability analysis on potential future projects to management.
* Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration, and testing tools.
* Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* Participates in development of software user manuals.
* Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a closely related field with 3 yrs of experience.
* Java Object-oriented Programming (OOP).
* Experience with J2EE programming with application servers (JBoss, Weblogic,Websphere, etc.)
* Understanding of application architecture (MVC/model-2, Java EE design patterns, SOA).
* Relational database management system (RDBMS) experience (PostGres, MySQL, Oracle).
* Web-based server and client software development experience.
* Self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision.
* Continuous Integration Experience
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
GEO-CENTERS is a premier provider of Weapons of Mass Destruction(WMD) homeland security preparedness services and products.
For over 25 years, GEO-CENTERS and its subsidiaries have supported the warfighter, the civilian population and the environment.
GEO-CENTERS plays a significant role in providing homeland security assistance to local, state, federal and private entities.
Products and services include: