We are currently seeking a Risk Analytics Professional to join the Credit Analytics & Reporting team in the Single Family division. The team is responsible for analyzing, reporting and help managing the credit risk. The position will be tasked with developing systems and processes, performing data research and analyses and preparing reports and presentations to support the Quality Control Sampling and Analytics function.
* Develop new and maintain existing methods and systems to sustain the quality, timeliness, reliability, and usefulness of the team's deliverables to support business decisions
* Participate in development of QC sampling policy, methodology, and processes
* Execute monthly and quarterly baseline processes and reports. Analyze and interpret process and report outputs in the context of the QC process as well as in the larger context of credit risk for Freddie Mac
* Prepare and maintain documentation for processes, systems, and procedures
* Validate, research and analyze data to frame and answer analytical questions. Present ideas and recommendations to management. Gain in-depth understanding of source data and related controls
* Support ad hoc analysis, data querying and reporting needs
* The job requires a self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven problem solver with excellent communication skills.
* Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
* Two to four years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated proficiency in SAS and SQL
* Experience in analyzing and manipulating large data sets
* Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and high quality self-review of work products
* Must be able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, identify and escalate issues appropriately to supervisors and management, and assimilate constructive feedback
* Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
* 1+ year mortgage industry or financial services / credit analysis experience
* 2+ years recent (preferably professional) experience with analytical and/or data manipulation tools such as SQL, SAS, R
* Advanced qualifications or experience in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
* Knowledge of and experience with single-family mortgage credit risk data, preferably related to GSEs
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
About Freddie Mac
Freddie Mac is engaged in purchasing residential mortgages and mortgage-related securities in the secondary mortgage market and securitizing them into mortgage-related securities that can be sold to investors. The Company purchases single-family and multifamily mortgage-related securities for its mortgage-related investments portfolio. It also purchases multifamily residential mortgages in the secondary mortgage market and hold those loans either for investment or sale. Freddie Mac finances purchases of its mortgage-related securities and mortgage loans, and manages its interest-rate and other market risks, primarily by issuing a variety of debt instruments and entering into derivative contracts in the capital markets. The Company operates in three segments: Investments, Single-family Guarantee and Multifamily.