Directs the operation of shift production, including checking formulas, assigning work tasks, monitoring procedures and schedules to ensure adherence to standards. Position requires demon-stration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that production technicians and outsourced labor are properly instructed in the care and safe operation of equipment and monitors employee use of such equipment.
- Reviews records and procedures to ensure proper use of time and materials.
- Performs continuous inspections of the product to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition.
- Promotes positive employee relations and interdepartmental communication and cooperation.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all personnel through enforcement of safety policies and procedures, including inspections and periodic safety meetings, etc.
- Plans and adjust work assignments of personnel to cover all phases of production.
- Position may be responsible for operating the facility metal detector(s). For this job responsibility, operator must be fully trained and certified.
- Ensures employee compliance with work rules.
- Assists with employee training.
- Makes recommendations on disciplinary action and otherwise participates in the disciplinary action process as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
- Promotes positive employee relations, as well as participates in investigations, grievances and/or disciplinary action process to coach employees on performance, attendance, and disciplinary matters.
- Performs additional duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as might be required.
- Plans and adjusts work assignments of employees to cover all phases of production.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all employees through enforcement of safety policies and procedures, including inspections and periodic safety meetings
- Leads line production with a focus upon efficiency, scrap, and downtime to ensure order demand and production quality needs are met.
- Direct production employees to achieve scheduled production rates and efficiencies, quality standards, safe work practices, and sanitation objectives.
- Responsible for preparing accurate production reports both daily and periodically to validate production, quality, and cost records
- Two (2) or more years experience in all areas of plant production work.
- Ability to represent the Production Department to various levels of the Company and management.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to problem solve and analyze line operations with minimal developmental guidance.
- Requires the ability to incorporate creative and innovative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently.
- Able to maintain a positive and composed attitude while performing within stressful situations and handling complex emotional issues.
- Able to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent written and ver-bal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access preferred.
- Able to perform according to physical requirements.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and meet the demands of a 24 hour a day operation.
High School diploma or equivalence.
Completion of AIB Bakery Science Residence Program.
Completion of formal management skills training program.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 2/25/2016. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Baking Co. of Tucker is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Terry R Hurst at TERRY.HURST@FLOCORP.COM or 770-723-8126.