Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Human Resources, will receive training in the management of the human resource function including human resource policies and procedures, benefits, safety, compensation, training and development, employee relations and communications. Provide assistance in a staff capacity to the Director of Human Resources in implementing personnel and labor relations responsibilities. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To learn and understand the company's human resources and labor relations policies, procedures and programs.
- Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, will assist with company-wide activities of personnel administration, wage and salary administration, management training and development, safety, benefits administration, employee communications, employee activities, staffing, legal compliance and labor relations.
- To develop skills, knowledge and experience of the Human Resources function as applied with Flowers Industries in order to fulfill future positions of Director of Human Resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Ability to represent the Human Resource Department to various levels of management and employees in all types of personnel situations. Must have the ability to operate within the framework of recommended training and development guidance.
A four year degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 12/16/2015. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Baking Co. of Tucker is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Terry R Hurst at TERRY.HURST@FLOCORP.COM or 770-723-8126.