Within a framework of a business partnership, (i.e., Distributor and Company) the sales manager monitors and assists in the daily route sales operations of a branch of plant market, in a manner that results in maximum profitable sales, controlled stales, low turnover, superior customer relations, brand growth, proper accounts receivable record, proper distribution, positive relations with employees and independent distributors, and compliance with company policies/procedures and the distributor's agreement.
Requires constant interaction with work group and other departments at the primary work location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Train, assist, and guide company sales employees in the proper distribution of Flowers products.
- Manages relations with independent distributors including frequent communications and cooperative partnering to achieve distributor success.
- Communicate with, guide, and direct each sales team members in their efforts to attain/maintain positive customer relations, sales and stales goals, and compliance with company policies/procedures and the distributor's agreement.
- In conjunction with the director of sales and the distribution systems coordinator, perform an on-going analysis of the market to identify opportunities to improve space, position, brand sales, display strategies, personnel strategies and other profitable actions.
- Assist in the preparation of strategies to realize the benefits of these profit producing opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and keep director of sales informed of competitor activities in the branch, including personnel, pricing, products, promotions, space, position etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market share by product, product group, individual customer, overall branch and customer group.
- Utilizing SDW reports know the number of Flowers units sold, dollar sales, profit margin, and stale by territory, product group and label.
- Plan and maintain a schedule of key account visits to build rapport. Explain sales history and sell our ideas to build store profits through improved utilization of Flowers' products and services.
- Maintain contact with all sales personnel and distributors at least twice weekly; and contact with retail store management as necessary in order to communicate sales-related goals, keep communication lines open, build rapport and teamwork.
- Be fair, consistent and timely in the necessary administration of employee discipline or contract dispute resolution with distributors.
- Ensure sales representatives and distributors have the tools necessary to do their jobs to Flowers or industry standards.
- Must be able and DOT certified to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) when needed.
- As needed, perform all required daily vehicle inspections, maintain accurate vehicle records, complete daily driver's logs and time records as required, and turn in all paperwork in each day per requirements.
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Three (3) or more years of bakery route sales/distributor experience.
Four (4) Year College Degree in Business preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 10/23/2015. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Baking Co Oxford Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Eric F Maholmes at ERIC.MAHOLMES@FLOCORP.COM or 610-932-2300.