Sell, deliver, and display company product line on assigned sales route in accordance with company merchandising program and standards. Driving of company and/or personal vehicles in the furtherance of company business must be in a manner that complies with all DOT and state driving requirements.
Requires constant interaction with work group and other departments at the primary work location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn and use the basic fundamentals of the route sales and direct store delivery system including: Display, Space and Position, Merchandising, Customer Relation, and Time Schedule/Callbacks.
- Know customers by name, all store policies that affect you, and the customers' basic wants and needs for the baked foods department.
- Establish a sound, professional relationship with key personnel.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance, including uniform dress, hygiene and grooming.
- Must be able DOT certified to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
- Perform all required daily vehicle inspections, maintain accurate vehicle records, , complete daily driver's logs and time records as required, and turn in all paperwork in each day per requirements.
- Review route analysis weekly for identification of problems and opportunities.
- Maintain stales within set quotas.
- Keep assigned vehicle clean. Check or secure load to prevent product damage.
- Maintain knowledge of your competition, including pricing, products, space and position, people, displays, account stability, etc.
- Keep safety in mind at all times. Practice defensive driving, proper lifting, etc.
- Learn the product freshness code system and never leave out-of-code product in an account.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area, vehicle, etc.
- Practice and comply with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
One (1) or more years of experience in sales environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 07/23/2015. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Baking Co. of Houston is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to David M Tran at DAVID.TRAN@FLOCORP.COM or 713-869-5701.