Florida Hospital Winter Park Memorial seeks to hire a PACU RN who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Nestled among the oak-shaded, brick-paved streets of one of the most picturesque hometowns in the country, Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years. Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute. Together with the community we serve, we're building a model of community health and wellness for generations to come.
Our Surgical Services practice offers the best of both worlds - a close-knit community setting and a high-volume of various cases. The dynamic, high-volume Operating Room features 14 surgical suites, with four rooms equipped with laminar flow and dedicated to orthopaedics, but they can be used for general surgery if needed. There is also a suite dedicated for laparoscopic abdominal surgeries. Our campus is home to the renowned Orthopaedic Institute of Florida Hospital. Our other units include PACU, Endoscopy, Pre-Admission, and Rapid In and Out.
Per Diem- Variable Shifts
As a PACU RN with Winter Park, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere. The RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. For job class codes GRN and R120, graduates nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience Required
· Graduate of a school of nursing.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required
· American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· For those hired prior to April 1, 2011:
o AHA BLS certification is required by December 31, 2011
o If current BLS from another agency, recertification in AHA BLS at their recertification date.
· F or those hired after April 1, 2011, if certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
· AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
· For those hired prior to April 1, 2011, if current advanced life support from another agency, recertification in AHA Advanced Life Support at their recertification date.
· If hired after April 1, 2011, if certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained by 90 day evaluation.
· ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population, Preferred)
· Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition.
· Able to identify individualized plan of care. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care.
· Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
· Evaluates patients' developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
· Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade nursing skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the PACU job opportunity with Florida Hospital Winter Park Memorial and apply online today.
Job Keywords: Surgical RN, Surgical Nurse, Operating Room Nurse, OR Nurse, Operating Room RN, OR RN, Medical Surgical Nurse, Surgical Nurse, Scrub Nurse
[LINKUP_AD Nursing] date BACH_3a9945 BETS_ARC_Setter
About Florida Hospital
Florida Hospital is a not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing, tri-county area of Central Florida. We are part of a larger, comprehensive network of 44 hospitals in the Florida Adventist Health System and are distinguished as the main flagship facility of the entire Adventist Health System.
First established in 1908, Florida Hospital has grown to include over 2,000 beds. We serve more than one million patients each year, and are one of the largest not-for-profit protestant hospital systems in the country.
To extend the healing ministry of Christ.
To be a global pacesetter delivering pre-eminent faith based health care.
What makes Florida Hospital truly different is our holistic view of caring, with a mission to heal the mind, body and spirit of each person we touch. It is more than just a commitment to health care; it is a commitment to whole care.
Florida Hospital’s Graduate Nurse Program is a preceptor-based residency program designed to help new graduates transition from nursing school into a career. To qualify for the Florida Hospital Graduate Nurse Program you must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with less than one year of hospital experience.