KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Note: Contractor and Temporaries: Pls. indicate length of project; maximum 90 days)
* Work with sales and marketing to develop new customers and applications for VCSELs
* Prototype VCSELs and assemblies for customer samples
* Develop optical and electrical tests for high power and single mode VCSELs
* Work with design engineers and sales to establish product specifications and datasheets
* Create optical (ZEMAX), electrical (SPICE) and thermal (ANSYS) models of VCSELs and packages
* Measure conformance to product specification and develop requirements traceability matrix
* Manage customer deliveries in engineering phase of development
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS (include Education, Skills & Experience): Finisar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* BSEE + 5 years of experience, MSEE, or higher
* Experience with optical test systems, preferably for high power lasers or LEDs
* Experience with electrical, optical, thermal and mechanical design and analysis
* Proficiency with a statistical data analysis software package, preferably JMP
* Proficiency with developing, implementing and troubleshooting test algorithms
* Proficiency writing queries for SQL tables
* Ability to develop metrics and reports to present product performance trends
* Programming experience in C#
* Ability to work within a team environment
Company Overview Finisar is an Excellent Opportunity Employer. We also hire on a non-discriminatory basis.
Finisar Corporation (NASDAQ: FNSR) is a global technology leader of fiber optic subsystems and components that enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for networking, storage, wireless, and cable TV applications. For more than 20 years, Finisar has provided critical optics technologies to system manufacturers to meet the increasing demands for network bandwidth and storage. Finisar is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA with R&D, manufacturing sites, and sales offices worldwide.